With two races this weekend (Rap River Run and the Dunedin Sprint Triathlon), I am packing my race bag with all of my essentials. Thought I would share my must-haves!
- Nike Plus Watch – a must have! I love having my stats on my wrist to glance at during the run. Mine is green!
- iPhone – I use Pace DJ during my run to keep me on pace!
- Auria Exceed Earphones – needed for my music! These are awesome because they allow me to hear my music as well as outside noise. I can still hear cars, other runners and the sound of my own feet! They are awesome. My mom and I found them when we crashed an expo in March!
- Gatorade Chews – I eat 3 of them before a short run to give me an extra boost of energy.
- Extra safety pins – I like to have extras, just in case. In case, the race doesn’t have them or in case someone else forgot theirs.
- Flip flops – for after the run!
- Compression calf sleeves – I don’t wear them on short runs, but I love them for after a run on the drive home! I have a few different brands. Don’t really have a favorite…
- iFitness Single pocket belt – I put my phone in this while I run. It doesn’t bounce around.
- Extra bottles of water – the one bottle that is handed to you at the finish line is nice, but I always want a second by the time I get back to the car.
- Road ID – Road ID is a custom arm band that has my basic information and emergency contacts in the case that I get injured and can’t communicate this information. Hoping to never have to need this! They come in different sizes, colors and styles.
- Sunscreen – do I need an explanation? I live in Florida!
- Sunglasses – see above!
- Chapstick – when running, I breath out of my mouth… this means dry lips. Chapstick is essential to comforting my dry lips!
- Extra t-shirt – for after the race so that I don’t have to ride home in my sweat!
What have I missed that is always in your bag?