I am changing my blog name… Yes, I run to be healthy. I run to set an example for my kids. I run to clear my head. But mainly I run so I can eat food! And those of you that have followed my social media know that I am in love with the Mini Doughnut Factory in Tampa.Disclaimer: There isn’t one – I am writing this post on my own accord and because I honestly love what they do! And yes, I’m just kidding, I will continue to remain TampaMomRuns, but now you all know my secret!
So let me give you the inside scoop:
- Cold Brew – I have had cold brew other places, but theirs is so smooth. It is locally roasted and brewed for them. It’s a must try with your doughnuts.
- Camp Fire – S’mores…. Enough said.
- Samoa – Girl Scouts, you’ve got competition!
- Cookies and Cream – a classic!
- Sweet Pig – Maple and Bacon… Can you go wrong with Bacon?
- Sunday is a special day… They have a chocolate cake doughnut on Saturday and Sunday. They have a blueberry cake doughnut on Sunday. They have a featured special on Saturday and Sunday that they preview on their social media on Friday! Sunday is the holy grail – vanilla, chocolate, blueberry and the weekend special!
- Call ahead with your order. If time is important, call ahead. I personally love waiting in the lines. We meet people. Talk favorite doughnuts, etc. A few weeks ago, we met a lady on vacation from NC that heard about the Mini Doughnut Factory and had to come visit.
- Eat them fresh. They take great care in ensuring that your doughnuts are made to order and as fresh as possible. Even if you are taking a large box back to your home or office, get a 3-pack for yourself to eat immediately after they are made. They are delicious anytime, but they are the BEST right after they are made.
- Doughnut Shakes! They sound amazing. They blend your favorite Doughtnut into a milkshake. The only reason I have yet to try them is because I am so helplessly addicted to their cold brew! But this Sunday, I will take on the Doughnut Shake!