At the end of the year last year, I put together a list of all the things God had given me to opportunity to do within my teaching career. This year – the students put this list together for me!
This year during EOC week my students wrote letters to next year’s students. I used this last year, but I didn’t save enough of them to remember how awesome they were. I will be saving them and letting my students next year read them!
My goal was to have evidence for next year’s students – evidence that they will survive and give them some tips for doing well. A bonus I didn’t expect was a reminder of why I do what I do. I might have teared up reading a few of them. This may seem self-centered to share, but I think that all teachers need to hear words like these. They need a reminder of the difference they make in every student’s life.
Here are a few quotes from the letters:
- One thing you can expect is a very determined teacher.
- This teacher offers more than enough help to her students.
- This woman is one of the kindest teachers I have had.
- My teacher has made learning fun by arranging many activities for us to learn from.
- She had us interact with other kids, so we made new friends.
- With Mrs. Spivey’s help you’ll definitely be able to understand Geometry better.
- Your expectations for this class are to be courteous to one another and respect each other’s questions.
- The thing I enjoyed the most about the class was the atmosphere and the mood of it. It always made me comfortable and more relaxed, making it easier to do my work.
- Mrs. Spivey is a wonderful teacher and will train you for everything you need to know – trust me!
- She doesn’t give up on you even if you give up on yourself.
- Lastly, the guidance Mrs. Spivey gives is transcendent. (probably my favorite quote – not sure if they meant to use that word!)
- She is a great teacher and makes learning fun!
- You can always go to Mrs. Spivey for help.
- As long as you are willing to work, Mrs. Spivey will provide you with the tools for success in Geometry!