With July 4th just around the corner, I thought I would share two of our family traditions with you!
The first is the “Flag Cake” – an easy to put together cake that the kiddos love!
- The base is a strawberry cake – I use Duncan Hines Strawberry Supreme.
- Let the cake cool before finishing.
- Next, poke holes in the cake and put a container of frozen sliced strawberries in syrup on top of the cake.
- Next, a container of whipped cream serves as icing.
- Top is blueberries and strawberries laid out in a flag pattern (no it’s not a perfect match!)
- Chill until it’s ready to eat!
Sometimes the decorating gets a little out of hand, but that’s ok – let the kids have fun!
What about you and your family – what are your family’s July 4th traditions?