With just over eight weeks to go and our threat of early delivery, I have started putting things aside for my hospital bag. While you can find complete lists of what to bring, I’m giving you my top 5 must have items!
- Toiletries – having your own toothpaste and shampoo can make it feel a little easier to feel pretty and human after the ordeal of giving birth. I might also include a few make up basics just to feel fresh. Chapstick is a must! I remember having such dry lips after delivering my six-year-old and I don’t want to endure that again.
- Boppy Pillow – Hospital pillows stink! So whether it is used for you to rest on or for those first attempts at breast feeding, I was grateful to have my boppy with me last time!
- Sweets for Nurses – Let’s face it, the nurses are the real stars of the delivery show! Pack some lollipops or chocolates that you can offer to nurses after delivery to say thank you might afford you some extra perks before heading home. Last time my nurses showed me where they kept the ice cream!
- Gift for Siblings – I plan on buying something special for the two big girls to commemorate them becoming big sisters (again, for the oldest!) I already picked up this adorable necklace for our six year old… just need to find something for the teenager!
- Baby Outfit and Car Seat – Yes, you birth them therefore you have to take them home. Other than an outfit and car seat to go home… you don’t need much else for Baby to go home. The hospital will provide diapers and wipes, etc. I remember having so much to take home that we had a separate bag for all that the hospital gave us.
If you’d like a full list, I like this one from Alex the Real Housemom – What’s Inside? Hospital Bag