First, What is the Dumbo Double Dare? It’s a challenge race at Disneyland that consists of a 10K (6.2 miles) on Saturday and a Half Marathon (13.1 miles) on Sunday! Not only will I be bringing home the 10K, Half and Challenge medals, but I will also bring home the coveted Coast to Coast Medal. This medal means that within the same calendar year, I will have run a Half Marathon at each US Disney Park – One at Disney World and one at Disneyland. I ran the Walt Disney Half Marathon earlier this year and couldn’t pass up the unique opportunity to do this during such a big birthday year!
- Shoes – probably two pair!
- Running shorts/shirts/costumes
- Headphones – yes I know that they don’t like you to wear them, but there are some sections of road that are boring. I will take them out for the park and entertainment portions.
- Running Watch
- Printed Waiver – so I don’t have to worry about printing when I’m there!
- Compression Sleeves
- Hair Ties!
- I Run 4 Lauren temporary tattoos
- Granola Bars
- Collapsible Water Bottle – maybe!
- Ziplock Bag (for phone)
- Extra charger for phone
- Hips Sister – Visit here for more info! Shout out to Denise for sharing this product with me – Visit her Facebook Page!
- Pennies and quarters for the penny press machines
Normal Travel Stuff:
- Advocare Nighttime Recovery
- Chap stick
- Three extra outfits – one for the park on Saturday, one for whatever Sunday might bring and something comfy to fly the red eye home Sunday night! Perhaps a sundress in case we want to go out to dinner!
- Flip Flips
- Small first aid kit
Things to be planned:
- Must see in both parks
- Must see sights in LA
- What to Eat: Meals, Character Dining or outside park options
What do you think – did I miss anything? I welcome feedback – I want to make the most of this trip!
Want some additional resources for doing a RunDisney race or challenge? Check out my pinterest board that I used to put my list together!