I was tagged by Mom, Miles and Mishaps to answer some running questions! I love these things! I’m tagging Jess Runs Happy and We Run for Cupcakes. Heck – if you like these things please do it and tag me! I love reading what other people like!
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race aid stations, what would it be? I love Fruit Punch! But if I could just make my own flavor, it would be strawberry cheesecake!
3. If you were given $100 gift card to a running store, what would you purchase with it? GU and Nuun. You can never have enough!
4. Do you prefer to following a training plan or wake up and then decide how far or fast you want to run? I try to follow a plan, but I generally end up doing what I want during the week, but sticking as close to the long runs as I can.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end on the uphill? Start with an up and end on a downhill. I’d rather get the hard work out of the way!
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross training do you choose to do? Biking and Claudia Conditioning classes!
7. What’s your preference—> out and back, point to point, or loop runs? Out and back – forces me to run back!
8. If you had to recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be……? Good shoes! Go to a store and get fitted!
9. Do you see any wild animals while out on your runs? I’ve seen alligators, snakes, turtles and lizards!
10. Ever gotten lost while on a run? Not really lost, but I did misread a map and ran 11 miles instead of the 7 that I planned!
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days….what would it be? McDonald’s Quarter pounder with cheese!
12. Capris or shorts? What do you run in most? Due to the heat in Florida, I wear shorts almost all year!
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it’s warming up and ready to go? About 3.
14. What do you do with your keys when you run? I take only the car key and put it in my belt!
15. If you had to relive any race that you’ve done in the past, which one? I relive it every year… Iron Girl Clearwater half marathon!
16. What type of run is your least favorite? A hot one, ironic living in Florida, but I try to run in the cooler hours of the morning or evening!
17. When you go for a run, do you leave from your front door or drive somewhere to start? Weekday: from my house. Weekend: drive somewhere!
18. When running in the daylight are sunglasses a must or an annoyance? A must or I get headache from squinting.
19. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting? “Lau-ren, Lau-ren, Lau-ren” to my foot steps. And a good song helps too!